Monday 19 August 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze - £4.99 here.
On a recent trip to Westfield Stratford, probably my favourite place to shop, I decided to pop into Boots and pick up one of the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr eyeshadows after hearing quite a lot about them and how good they were. I went for the shade On and On Bronze as I love bronze-toned eyeshadows anyway and thought it would be an easy everyday colour as it's neutral.


I'm thinking I may have to purchase Timeless Black soon, as I think it would be perfect for a night time smokey eye. The formula of this eyeshadow is just as I had hoped - very creamy and easy to apply, it really blends like a dream and goes on perfectly with a brush or fingers. It also sets nicely and doesn't budge all day with very minimal creasing on my very oily eyelids, and that's without an eyeshadow primer!


I've found that I've been turning to this little bronze pot of shadow when I just want a quick bit of colour on my lids if I'm just running around doing errands or on days off where I want to look polished without faffing around with various eyeshadows, brushes and blending. I literally just dip my finger in (if my nails are short!) and blend this quickly over the eye lid all the way up to my crease and make sure the edges are well diffused and blended. This formula layers really well too and I've often done one application, let it set, then applied another for more intense colour pay-off. You can also just apply a nice sheer layer of this and get a more muted down effect. The formula is very, very versatile in my opinion and really is a doddle to work with!



Speaking of the colour, you can see from my swatches above that this shadow has a slight hint of taupe in it as well as bronze, in my opinion (see bottom photo). If anyone else has this shade and agrees then please let me know! The colour itself is really flattering and I think would suit all skin tones from light to dark. 

Me before popping to London, using Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr
Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in 
On and On Bronze for the first time on it's own with just mascara.

Wearing Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream Eyeshadow in On and On Bronze, again on it's own with Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara - review soon!

The shadow looks particularly bronze in the above photo and I really love the metallic sheen it gives to my eyes.

All in all, a really fantastic product, and for the price it really is worth checking out! Will definitely be picking up more shades soon and I highly recommend these little bad boys as they are so easy to use, last really well and look great.

You can pick up the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Gel-Cream eyeshadows from Boots for £4.99 here and in-store.

Have you tried these eyeshadows?

6 comments:

  1. I love these! My favourite is the pomegranate shade. Everyone should have a couple of these they are quick and easy to use and great as eyeshadow bases!

    BritishBeautyAddict

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Amazing formula and for the money....a no brainer! xx

      Delete
  2. I have hear the Maybelline Color Tattoo is great! I will have to try it out. The bronze shade looks great on you!

    Lauren,
    http://atouchofsoutherngrace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should they are fab!! :-) thank-you xx

      Delete