Thursday 28 March 2013

Lip Liners for Medium Skintones


Being of a medium skin tone, I often find it difficult to find lip shades that provide a 'nude' lip look on me without looking ill. If you are of similar skin tone to me, you will understand how much nude lipsticks that look great on lighter skin gals can sometimes wash you out and make you look strange. Colours such as MAC's Creme D'Nude Lipstick would just look dreadful on me and I try to steer clear of them. Thinking about all the great lip colours I've accumulated recently, I thought I'd do a post to share the lipliners that look nude on medium skins without being too light.

I use lip liners daily as they are so quick and easy. I fill in my whole lip with the pencil and apply a gloss on top! A really easy nude lip that makes your lips look full and gorgeous. (My lipgloss addiction is for another post of it's own, it's unhealthy and I much prefer a gloss to a lipstick!)

Most of these shades are quite brown based, which serve as a great 'nude' shade on me. 

From Left to Right:
No7 Perfect Lips Liner in Nude, Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Eastend Snob, Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liner in Addiction, Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in Natural, Rimmel Lasting Finish 1000 Kisses Lip Liner in Wild Clover, L'Oreal Contour Parfait in Honey,  Nyx Lip Pencil in Natural, MAC Lip Pencil in Subculture.

The No7 Perfect Lips has a really creamy texture, as do the Rimmel Exaggerate Lip Liners and the MAC Lip Pencil. The other pencils have a more rigid texture but still nice to apply. My favourtie shades are probably Subculture or Honey as they do look really nude on. Shades such as Eastend Snob and Wild Clover contain more colour but would still look nude on medium or darker skins when topped off with a nude lipgloss. 

If you've never tried a lip liner before because you don't like outlining your lips - try filling in the whole lip and applying a similar or clear gloss on top! You can use liners as a base coat underneath lipstick too for a more long-lasting lip colour.


What are your favourite nude lip shades for your skintone?



1 comment:

  1. nice article - liplinears are must for lips when you go for lip shades - they highlight your lips -- i have better idea why dont you try www.taaz.com - it have huge collection of lipshades and linears

    ReplyDelete