Saturday 1 September 2012

Mini MUA (Make-Up Academy) Haul - Heaven & Earth Palette & Lipsticks




I posted this picture to Instagram a few evenings ago showing a few bits I picked up from make-up brand MUA. Make-Up Academy is a drugstore make-up brand here in the UK and you can purchase their products in Superdrug.

I decided to pick up the 'Heaven and Earth' palette as I've heard good things about it and it's also comparable to the Naked palettes by Urban Decay with it's neutral and natural colours. I picked up two lipsticks also in Shade 16 - Nectar and Shade 4.  At £6 all in for a palette and two lipsticks I couldn't see a reason not to give these bits a try.

I have a few eyeshadows from MUA already and was impressed with the quality for the price of £1.


This Heaven and Earth palette is of the same great quality in my opinion - the packaging is nice, not the best and quite tricky to open but still nice for a cheaper brand. 


This palette has a great selection of colours from the light champagne colours, to deep red-toned browns.



My only criticism of the formula is that it does cause quite bad fall-out on application, but if applied with a tissue underneath the eye, you can avoid most of this glitter! I would have liked to see some matte shades in this palette, but for the price I think it's great!



(Swatches are from left to right in the palette)



My favourite two shades is are the end two - beautiful mink browns!



-

MUA Lipsticks - (Left to right) Shade 16 - Nectar & Shade 4



Shade 16 - Nectar
Nectar looks shocking in the tube but is a lovely peach sheen on the lips. This is such a wearable shade and is so comparable to my new favourite lip gloss - Mac's Cremesheen Glass in Richer, Lusher.

Swatch with flash - Shade 16

Both of the lipsticks are extremely sheer and almost like a lip balm or Revlon lip butter. You can build up the colour however, and I really like the glossy finish as it makes the lips look bigger!

Shade 4
Shade 4 is a bubblegum pink and also has a sheen like Shade 16. I really love this shade on the lips. It's such a natural 'slap-on-and-go' colour, I think it could definitely suit most skin tones!

Swatches with flash - Shade 4 (top) and  Shade 16 (bottom)




Heres a few snaps of me wearing a few shades from the 'Heaven and Earth' palette and Shade 16 - Nectar on my lips! 


Close ups of eye make-up

Ignore the flake of orange on the right hand side of my upper lip - haha!
Close-up of me wearing Shade 16 - Nectar

I Instagrammed this pic of me wearing Shade 4 - the shade is
slightly over exaggerated because of the filter, but it is such a
lovely lipstick!

 -

So there you have it! A few make-up bargains that are great quality for the price. You can purchase all MUA products from Superdrug - the 'Heaven and Earth' palette retails at £4.00 and the Lipsticks are £1.00 each - £1.00!!!!! If you are new to make-up and want to dabble here and there, I really recommend buying some MUA products to play around with and try!

Hope you enjoyed :-)

6 comments:

  1. I am a MUA virgin, thinking of buying some now, I always stay away from colours like shade 4 thinking they will look overly pink on but seeing this has suprised me. It looks amazing on, may need to buy this!

    www.we-do-fashion.blogspot.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely shades, all the make up of theirs that I have tried has been great for the price :-)
      Thanks for your comment!!
      X

      Delete
  2. Is it really as good at the naked palette?

    Feyi
    uncovertheuntold.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say no, purely because Urban Decay are a great brand and a higher-end brand. I haven't tried the naked palette but you can tell when using the MUA that they are cheap eyeshadows, but you get what you pay for and they are good quality for the price!!
      Thanks for the comment :-)

      X

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank-you!!! :-) Followed you! Lovely blog xx

    ReplyDelete