Tuesday 11 June 2013

MAC Lipstick in Morange


My urge for an orange lipstick has been fulfilled with the purchase of MAC Amplified Creme Lipstick in Morange, a beautiful orange/red shade perfect for summer and bang on trend. 



MAC have recently launched their 'All About Orange' collection, however this lipstick is not part of it. I also ordered MAC's Neon Orange lipstick which is from this collection, but it looks too similar to Morange so I am going to return it. 

Promo photograph from MAC's All About Orange Collection.
(Photograph: maccosmetics.co.uk)


Morange is an 'amplified creme' finish which I have not yet had before from MAC. The colour is intense and the texture is creamy. I tend to blot my lipsticks with tissue if I am doing a bold lip shade, and I made sure I did so with this shade too. Blotting the lipstick mattified it more, and made it more wearable for me. 





Due to it being an 'amplified creme' as opposed to a 'matte' finish, it didn't wear for as long and was not a popular choice with my boyfriend - oops! He was sporting orange lips in the car on the way there! LOL



Swatches on my hand (With flash).
Me wearing MAC Morange lipstick.

I wore this shade on Saturday night when me and my boyfriend went out for some dinner and drinks. I teamed it with my new aqua/teal coloured mini dress from Zara which I am completely in love with, and my pointed nude heels, also from Zara. I loved clashing both the colours together and I felt nice and summery!

In the car on the way to the restaurant.

My dress!

All in all I love this shade, and I'm sure I will be wearing it a lot for summer and pairing it with bright colours in my wardrobe. I think it's a great statement lipstick and orange is quite flattering on the lips despite seeming quite outrageous!


Have you been sporting any crazy lip colours lately?







No comments:

Post a Comment