Monday 3 June 2013

'The Estée Lauder Face'




Just a quick snap of the make-up I did for my first day on Estée Lauder. I didn't have any Lauder blushes when I started, but have bought one since which will feature in one of my next posts! So the make-up here is pretty clean and simple and I applied blush once I got there before the store opened.



I was going for a clean and flawless look rather than a smokey eye or anything, as I think Lauder's image is quite sophisticated and understated. The eyeshadow I wore, Pure Color Eyeshadow in Tempting Mocha completely stole the show and I got so many compliments on it!

Double Wear Flawless Wear Concealer in
Warm Medium
and Ideal Light Brush-On
Illuminator in Medium

For concealer I went for Double Wear Flawless Wear Concealer in Warm Medium to help conceal any redness. I then mixed this concealer with Advanced Night Repair Eye to create something hydrating enough for under the eye as the DW Concealer on it's own is quite drying for that area. At Lauder we call this the 'Fatigue Fighter' and it's used to help hydrate and conceal the eye to give a more flawless and awake look, hiding bags and dark circles.

I then used Ideal Light in Medium as it is a brush-on illuminator that reflects light and helps to brighten under the eye further. It's a correcting salmon type shade which is perfect for dark circles. The texture is great for the under-eye area as it is light and not drying. 



For brows I used my Automatic Brow Pencil in Soft Brown which has a dry/waxy texture which is great for natural looking brows that stay all day. I have used this non-stop since I got it - a great product.


Pure Color Eyeshadow in Tempting Mocha

Now for the hero - Pure Color Eyeshadow in Tempting Mocha, a shade that sometimes looks Taupe, sometimes looks Purple and sometimes looks Blue. Underwhelming in the pan, this shadow looks amazing on, and can be worn lightly swept on or more heavily with other darker shadows depending on what look you are going for. 



A slick of mascara and gloss and I was done. I used Sumptuous Extreme mascara and Pure Color Gloss in Rock Candy. 

Pure Color Gloss in Rock Candy



It's going really well at Lauder, I have a lot to learn still but I am really enjoying it and getting to grips with it all as quick as I can :-) My favourite part has been doing the iMatch (foundation matching) and getting to grips with all the foundation shades and the application.

I am really missing my other make-up as it feels like I am only using my Lauder products *cries*, but it's nice to explore the brand and see what make-up they have to offer, as everything I've tried has been of amazing quality and I've really been enjoying using them. 

I will update again on how I'm getting on soon - feel free to ask me any questions that you may have, I'd love to read them!

Ta ta for now!




No comments:

Post a Comment