Saturday 27 July 2013

Benefit Speed Brow

Benefit Speed Brow - £13
Just a quick post about a product I am absolutely loving, my new friend Speed Brow by Benefit.
I find Benefit as a brand quite hit and miss with their products. I am a huge fan of their Erase Paste and use it almost every day, but some of their other products, mainly their base products, have disappointed me. 




I first tried this product at work, as while I was on counter I noticed in the mirror that the hairs on one eyebrow were brushed the wrong way and made it look terrible. I don't know if you know what I mean when your eyebrow hairs get out of control and go in funny directions? As Estee Lauder don't do a brow gel, I quickly popped over to Benefit, applied a quick bit of Speed Brow, and hot footed back to my counter. I was quite skeptical of the tiny brush and didn't think it looked like the best applicator but the small size allows you to be really precise and brush them with accuracy into the desired shape.


I was so impressed by how it smoothed my brows through and kept them in place all day without looking like there is any gunky product on them whatsoever. They literally didn't budge! To touch, my brows felt like they weren't going to move but they didn't feel hard or crispy at all, still soft. It also helps to smooth through the product that you've applied in your brows to help it look natural and not too harsh, but doesn't wipe the product away.


Unedited heavy swatch of Speed Brow on my hand.
Combing the product through is really easy and the colour is perfect for the shade of my brows. Speed Brow does only come in one colour but I do think it's quite universal, it's light enough for blondes and not pigmented enough to look obvious on really dark or black brows. The colour also has a taupe/ashy undertone to it which most people brows naturally have.

All in all, a really fantastic product that does what it says on the tin and one that I would happily repurchase!

You can pick up Benefit's Speed Brow at any Benefit counter and online at benefitcosmetics.co.uk.


Have you tried Speed Brow before? 
Would you recommend any other brow gels?

2 comments:

  1. I've been wanting to try this! Glad you wrote a review on it, and as well, it'll probably work well with my eyebrow hair since I have the same color as you. Great review-thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! It's a great little make-up bag staple! Thanks for your comment xx

      Delete