Wednesday 31 July 2013

My Everyday Moisturiser: Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel


I'm still a huge fan of my La Roche Posay  Effaclar Mat (review here) and still recommend it as a great mattifying moisturiser, but I've found something that I feel is more beneficial to my skin as far as moisture goes. Enter Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel, my new favourite fuss free moisturiser for Combination/Oily and Oily skin gals like myself.


I first discovered this yellow bottle of goodness when I bought my Mum some Clinique skincare for Mothers Day a year or so back. I remember trying it out a few times and really liking how it didn't add any excess gunk to my face. It moisturised beautifully and left my skin not looking oily throughout the day - result! 
I stopped using my Mum's as I felt bad and happily fell in love with Effaclar Mat

The newest release from Clinique is their Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+, which I had seen around at work as the girls were promoting the new addition to the DD family. It reminded me of my brief affair with the gel alternative and led me to getting a bottle for myself, which I'm really glad I did!


DD gives me the same kind of mattifying feeling that the Effaclar Mat does, it's definitely not rich or dewy looking which is what I want. Make-up goes on beautifully over the top of it and my Estée Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher (review soon!) works really well underneath it. Both of these together provide the perfect base for make-up and a nice shine-free base for no make-up also. 

Unlike the Effaclar, it feels like its really moisturising my skin deep down, not just providing a mattifying layer that won't make me look like a chip pan face. My face feels plump and smooth after I use it, which I love. 

Moisture in the skin is so important, and I'd rather have moisture in my skin and be slightly oiler than to not moisturise at all just so that my skin looks matte all day. Having said that, this moisturiser controls my oil really well and gives me more of a glow than an oily look throughout the day, which I'm really happy with. 


Another great thing about this product is the price point. A massive 100ml will only set you back £29.50 (most high end moisturisers are 50ml and some cost much more for only half the amount of the Clinique) and will last a lifetime. I got mine with my employee discount and managed to snag a whopping 200ml for an absolutely bargain-ous price *very happy Chlo*. (I don't know if this size is available to buy on counter but it's not on the Clinique website! It is showing up on the Debenhams website for £37.00 but is not in stock so may have been discontinued!) I use roughly the size of a 5p coin and it does my whole face and spreads partway down my neck. 

DD is 100% Fragrance Free, as all of Clinique's products are, which is great for those who's skin is irritated by fragrance.

A fantastic, fantastic product that I really recommend if you have Combination/Oily or Oily skin. 

You can pick up the Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel at any Clinique counter and online here. (The 50ml tube is £17.00).

3 comments:

  1. So glad you are back blogging again! :)

    MISSY IN THE MIRROR

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Missy! I'm trying to do regular updates so fingers crossed!! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Chloe! I have nominated your blog for a Liebster Award. Please check out my blog for more details :)

    Michaela @ Michaela-Leigh x

    ReplyDelete