Sunday 14 July 2013

MAC Powder Blush in Coppertone - Review

MAC Powder Blush in Coppertone - £18.00
(or £15.00 for the PRO Refill Pan) at maccosmetics.co.uk
I decided to buy this MAC Powder Blush in Coppertone after seeing it on Barbara, a YouTuber who goes by the name of 'thepersianbabe' on YouTube. She is really lovely and I adore her style, I really recommend her videos! When she mentioned this in a video and said she was wearing it, it looked like a really nice accompaniment to bronzer. Coppertone is described by MAC as a 'Peach Brown' and is perfect when you want a bit of colour on your face in terms of looking 'warmer' but without having a pop of colour on the face like a pink or a coral. 


Coppertone gives a nice 'peachy tan' wash of colour to my cheeks and is the perfect accompaniment to a bright lipstick as it doesn't compete with the colour or clash. I have been wearing this a lot with my Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep 4 (review here) as they go together really well. I use the bronzer under my cheekbones, on my temples and under my chin, I then use Coppertone more on the fleshy part of my cheeks and blend down towards the apples. I've especially been loving this blush for the Summer weather we've been having in the UK at the moment as I've been going for more of a bronzed look as of late (I get a tad bronzer happy!)



As you can see, it looks really natural on, although you could apply more if you wanted to. It helps to give my face a bit of a bronzed look and adds some healthy colour that looks great with everything from a nude lip or a bright lip. 

This blush has really become an everyday staple for me as it's so easy to use, you can never 'over-do it' with this blush and it works really well with my skintone. I think fair skins would get on with this really well as it has a nice neutral undertone and never looks orange. I don't think this is pigmented or bright enough to suit deeper skins however, but that it just the nature of the shade.

If you are looking for a natural, understated blush shade then Coppertone is a great one to try! It's available in all MAC stores and online at maccosmetics.co.uk


What's your favourite natural blush shade?

2 comments:

  1. I've been using coppertone obsessively since I got it a year back!great post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a lovely lovely blush. I can't stop wearing it! Xx

      Delete