Wednesday 31 July 2013

Jake on 'Male Grooming'



So I decided to ask my ever witty boyfriend some questions about male grooming, and seeming shy at first he was unsure when thinking of answers to my questions, but he soon enjoyed me quizzing him and ended up loving his new celebrity-esque role as interview-ee LOL :-)

Just a bit of fun and a chance to introduce him on my blog....he's a big sweetie and never fails to make me laugh. Enjoy! (My side-notes will be in bold italics to explain his nonsense!!) 

What do you think about male grooming?

Excessive skincare is just feminine.

What about bodily hair?

Men are meant to be hairy. 
(Pause)
Can I just say that buying hair gel over the age of 18 should be illegal.

So what do you do to your hair?

What my hair on my head?

Yeah.

I shave my head and trim my beard with a beard trimmer.

What about skincare? Do you think it's important?

Er...I use erm.. cheap Asda toner cause I like the feeling of using loads of it. And obviously moisturiser. I can't really lie about doing face masks with you.

What moisturiser?

Cetaphil. Cause I've got a spotty boat race.

What about cleanser?

Well, I enjoy getting Chloe facials. (I cleanse, tone and moisturise his skin with all my products - and he says excessive skincare is feminine!!!)

What would you buy for your skin that you don't already for money reasons?

Slap on aftershave. Like Issey Miyake (the aftershave lotion for the face that they do) or something like that. I've gone off putting loads of stuff on my skin. Like spot treatment.

Like Clearasil?

Whats that other stuff I use? That hefty stuff that makes my skin dry?

Oh yeah, Panoxyl.

Yeah.

Why do you like having facial hair?

Errr...makes me feel more manly and it hides what spots and scars I have.

Does getting spots bother you?

It used to but it really doesn't anymore. I think it only matters if you care about what people think of you. But I do feel sorry for girls with bad skin.

Do you think it's more important for a woman to look after their skin than a man?

Erm... in todays society yeah. I dunno why though. I dunno why it's ended up being like that.

How do you feel about aftershave?

I like using a lot of it. It makes me feel goooooood. And my favourite is Tom Ford erm...this one....(Holds up Tom Ford - Bois Marocain) 
Boys Moroccan.
(Pause)
You're not actually going to write that down are ya?


1 comment:

  1. This is such an funny post!! Love it!! Thanks for writing it down;)

    ReplyDelete