Tuesday 30 July 2013

New! Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II - Review Coming Soon...


Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II* - £48 - 30ml, £65 - 50ml.
As you may have heard, the iconic Advanced Night Repair by Estée Lauder has again been reformulated and is said to be even better than ever. Working for Estée Lauder myself, I was very familiar with the old formula and the strong Lauder mantra 'The one serum beautiful skin shouldn't be without' - which is pretty much burned in my brain for eternity.  


I was so excited when I found out that it was being reformulated, and even more excited when I read and learnt about the science and technologies behind the fantastic new formula. 


I've had my bottle for less than a week, which is no where near enough time to trial and test it so that I can write a review on my results. So I will be doing a review in about a months time, but until then I thought I would dedicate this post to the history and science behind the 'little brown bottle' that is Advanced Night Repair, as it is an amazing product with a lot of incredible research, popularity and years behind it.

Night Repair advertisement from 1982.
ANR actually started out as Night Repair Cellular Recovery Complex in 1982 and was the worlds first ever repair serum. The famous brown bottle with the dropper was inspired by pharmaceuticals and designed to look medical, everything about it was groundbreaking and new, from the formula, to the texture, to the research. Estée Lauder were the first cosmetic company to understand the impact that DNA damage had on the skin, causing it to age. They also brought about the concept of 'night-time repair' and were innovators in terms of brands following suit with their own alternatives. They invented a serum and then the repair category, turning skin care into repair. They also studied the impact of environmental assaults on the skin as well as identifying the importance of skins 24-hour circadian rhythm and how clock genes help skin cells repair at exactly the right time.

Mrs Estée Lauder.
Celebrating their 30th year of ANR last year in 2012, Estée Lauder's most coveted serum now has over 30 years of research and innovation under it's belt as well as 25+ patents and patents pending worldwide, meaning no one can copy or re-create it, serious stuff!


I created this timeline to display the different variations of ANR throughout the years, starting in 1982 with Night Repair. 

1991 brought along Advanced Night Repair Protective Recovery Complex and was reformulated with anti-oxidant technologies. This formula helped to boost skins natural renewal process and help repair visible signs of ageing.

In 1998, Advanced Night Repair Whitening Recovery Complex was released in Asia only and targeted the concerns of Asian skin. This formula helped to restore the translucence and porcelain finish that youthful skin has. It helped to reduce un-even skin tone, pigmentation and dark spots to reveal a more uniform skin tone appearance.

2002 saw the release of Advanced Night Repair Eye Recovery Complex which saw the best-selling formula adapted into a gel-creme to treat the delicate skin around the eyes, which is 40% thinner than the rest of the face. This eye repair product targets lines, puffiness, dryness and dark circles. 

In 2007, an addition to the ANR family was made in the form of Advanced Night Repair Concentrate Recovery Boosting Treatment and is an intense treatment to be used for 21 nights every 3-4 weeks and that is sadly being discontinued. 

In 2009 the New Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex was born, and featured exclusive Chronolux™ technology which supports the natural synchroniztion of skins repair and protection processes at the exact right time. It also contained AGT (Alkyl Guanine Transferase) which helped to repair visible damage from smoke and pollution.

2012 featured a limited edition bottle to celebrate 30 years of Advanced Night Repair and the beginning of 2013 introduced the new Advanced Night Repair Eye Serum Infusion which reduces the look of past visible damage around the eyes and penetrates quickly due to it's serum form. This serum can be used alone or under your eye cream to maximise results. This serum again features the Chronolux™ technology. This formula is more protective of the eye area as opposed to the gel-creme alternative.



As of July 29th 2013, the previous ANR became discontinued and Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II hit the shelves. I was on counter yesterday for the launch of this product and made sure that I explained the new formula to customers that used it, and to customers that were new to it also. (I'd like to stress that nothing has been taken away from the previous formula, so people who loved it before, you still will. The formula has been added to only, the smell is the same (to me) and the texture is pretty much identical.)

The new formula is based around two major discoveries - Purification and Lack of Sleep accelerates the Look of Ageing. 


Every night, skin cells go through a purification process called Catabolysis, which 
Estée Lauders scientists discovered peaks at night. This purification clears out cellular debris from the skin which optimises skins natural renewal. As we age, this natural purification slows down, which is where the development of ChronoluxCB™comes along, a combination of Purification and Synchronization. 

Still with me?

The lack of sleep aspect has been extensively researched by Estée Lauder and a leading university who showed that chronic lack of sleep can accelerate visible signs of skin ageing, in particular fine lines, dehydrated/dry skin and uneven skin tone. Estée Lauder are saying that they can't help you get a good nights sleep, but they can help you look like you did.

The new ANR II works Every Night, Every Day, and for Every Key Sign of Ageing. 

Every Night see's the Purification and Synchronization processes in action - ChronoluxCB

Every Day a powerful blend of anti-oxidants help to neutralise free radicals and protect the skin from environmental assaults. High levels of Hyaluronic Acid help to lock in moisture and create the perfect environment for skins natural renewal. 
Every Key Sign of Ageing includes lines and wrinkles, dehydration and uneven skintone and it helps to make the skin feel smoother, stronger and look younger and more radiant. 

Advanced Night Repair has always been suitable for every age, skintype and ethnicity.

You can pick up the new ANR II at any Estée Lauder counter and online at esteelauder.co.uk.



As for my own opinion of the new formula, I can't say too much at the moment. I've only been using it a few days, but I will say that I've already noticed a very visible difference in my skin, not just in the way it looks but also in it's behaviour. Keep an eye out for my review to see what I really think!

Until then, I leave you with a few of my favourite photos of Mrs. Lauder, who in my opinion, was an incredible lady, and a beautiful one at that. I feel very honoured to work for such an amazing company who have brought so much to the industry.





I hope you enjoyed this post, please let me know if you liked it! 
I will also do an updated post on my job soon, but I will say I am really, really enjoying it!!


Instagram: cocomykel

*Gifted to me complimentarily as an employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment