Thursday 11 April 2013

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 190 True Beige - Review

Revlon Nearly Naked Foundation in 190 True Beige - £8.99 here.
Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation is something I've read about and watched people talk about for a good while now, so I popped into Boots to pick up one and try it for myself. Having just written my rave review on Estee Lauders Double Wear (post here), I wasn't looking for anything to top it, because frankly at the moment that one ticks all my boxes. I don't tend to go for drugstore foundations, simply because I like a really good base and the ones I've tried haven't really cut it. I wanted to try this one as I know not everyone can afford/want to spend loads of money on high-end foundations and it's something different on the blog! 


This foundation has ten shades, and out of those ten I managed to find a really good match which is '190 True Beige'. I was impressed by the shade range and it's a nice change to see a drugstore foundation with pretty much a shade for everyone. Even one of their darkest looked like it would suit my Mum who is an NC50 in MAC and can never find foundations dark enough in Boots, Superdrug etc. (That's a whole other issue for another day, I will definitely do a post on discrimination of fair and dark skin tones in the make-up industry.) I'm not sure about the lightest shade as certain people are lighter than some brands lightest shade, but just pop into Boots and try some instore.


As for the packaging, it's actually really nice, much nicer than most drugstore foundation bottles. It's a nice, slim glass bottle with a white lid and the design looks very minimal - fitting with the concept of the foundation itself. The foundation has no pump (is this a new trend?!) which means you have to pour the foundation out, so be careful! Not realising that this was a water-based foundation, I decided to use it with my Beauty Blender - big mistake! Because this foundation is water-based, my sponge just soaked up a lot of the product, which is obviously a waste and required me to use more than I normally would have. The sponge does release product when you squish it down against your face, but a brush would be much more ideal! Keep this in mind when you are applying foundation - water-based ones work better with fingers or brushes and silicone or oil based foundations can work with either a damp, sponge, brushes or fingers. Sponge drama aside, I applied one layer and then just went over any other areas of redness that needed a bit extra.


Me wearing just the Revlon Nearly Naked foundation and nothing else.
As you can see the coverage is light, but the foundation itself is actually undetectable in the close-up photo. You can still see my freckles which is nice, and you can't feel it on your skin at all. So if you like your foundation to look like your not wearing any, then you may really love this. I have pretty good, clear skin, and no breakouts at the time that I tried this, so my face looks flawless and natural with this. As you can see, it hasn't tackled my under-eye darkness at all, but I wasn't expecting it to as it such a light coverage. The coverage is almost like a tinted moisturiser, but the consistency is very light and fluid, easily blendable too.

Here I added some MAC Studio Fix Powder in NC42 to my t-zone to set and mattify slightly.
I used my Studio Fix powder to add a touch more coverage in the t-zone, which you could do with any opaque powder. 


Rest of make-up done!
As you can see, the foundation looks really nice on and when the rest of my make-up is done. The beauty of this foundation is that it's perfect for down days when you just want a bit of coverage, a lick of mascara and thats it. If i were to do that with Double Wear, I get so much coverage from it that my face looks all one colour and the planes of my face need to be put back in with blush and bronzer - if that makes sense? Basically, this foundation makes you look like you, just a tad better. So if you have good skin, not many imperfections and just want to even everything out and look naturally flawless - this is for you! If you have more redness, lots of breakouts, pores etc then this won't really do much for your skin. 

Overall, I like it. I wouldn't wear it if I was going out, but on days if I am just popping to the shops or don't need to look made-up, a quick layer of this will do. The SPF 20 is great too if you're going to be outside during the day and want to protect your skin while still wearing a bit of coverage. 

Revlon's Nearly Naked foundation is available in Boots and Superdrug.

Have you tried this foundation?


(If you want to know what other products I used in this post, they are listed at the bottom of my previous one here!)

6 comments:

  1. Great review hun! It looks really lovely and your skin! :)) I will definitely give it a go!

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank-you! I did quite like it :-)) xx

      Delete
  2. i love this foundation, and it looks so gorgeous and natural on you :)

    beautyandtheb1.co.uk

    B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks really flawless on you! It's always nice to have a lighter foundation for warm days or an every day look, but I agree I need a stronger coverage if I have something planned!

    -Mia
    www.msmiamaree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely! :-)) thank-you!! xxx

      Delete