Monday 21 January 2013

My Current Foundation: DiorSkin Nude Skin Glowing Makeup


My foundation choice at the moment has been the Diorskin Nude Skin Glowing Makeup in 040 Honey Beige. I'm always wary about what foundations I use as I have quite a yellow undertone to my skin, and some foundations can look really pink on me and not match my skin well at all. I love my Mac Face and Body foundation in C5 for it's lovely yellow undertone - it's literally my skin colour in a bottle. As much as I love that foundation, it doesn't last as well as I need for long days at work, so I wanted to find a foundation that still had that dewy finish, but is much more long-wearing. 


The Dior foundation in 040 Honey Beige is a really nice match for my skin, the undertone is slightly more neutral rather than yellow, but the shade really works for me. It's finish is semi-dewy I'd say, it looks really nice when applied and without powder it gives your skin a slight sheen. 


I love love love the packaging of this foundation, it feels so expensive! The pump is really good on this bottle, it allows you great control over how much you want to pump out, as I know some make-up pumps are designed quite badly (*cough* Mac Pro-Longwear Concealer *cough*). The bottle pumps softly so you can pump out enough for a whole face, or pump smaller sized amounts to go back in and add a second layer to problem areas.


Me sans make-up -ahh! Natural lighting.

-

Me wearing the DiorSkin Nude Skin Glowing Makeup in 040 Honey Beige with no powder, and Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream on my lips in natural lighting.

-


Rest of make-up done!
This foundation lasts really well on my skin. Depending on what kind of day I'm having, I can sometimes apply this in the morning, set it with some powder, and when I get home my base looks exactly the same as I did when I applied it! This foundation does contain an SPF of 15 so it may give a white cast with flash photography, however I've not had any problems with this as I set it with a powder that has some colour in it. 

I really recommend this foundation, it's so easy to apply, doesn't feel heavy or thick and leaves a lovely, long-lasting finish!

Have you tried any Dior foundations?

2 comments:

  1. If I had skin like yours, I wouldn't wear foundation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comments! You look very much like my daughter...very pretty! Just the information and comparison I needed. Many thanks!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete