Tuesday 22 January 2013

Review: Lancôme Hypnôse Mascara

Lancôme Hypnôse mascara in 01 Noir
It's safe to say that I love this mascara. I did have a MASSIVE relationship with Max Factor False Lash Effect mascara, however this one has beat it on a few factors. This is the non-waterproof version as I don't get on well with waterproof mascara formulas. Although they are long wearing, I hate getting them off and they always make my lashes feel stiff and unnatural. Despite this being non-waterproof, it wears extremely well and doesn't flake off or melt when my eyes get watery.



For starters I love the wand, I've always preferred bristle brush mascara wands despite the Max Factor having a large plastic one. This wand teamed with the inky, creamy texture of the mascara just does wonders. It coats the lashes with a plush and almost creamy layer of mascara which dries quite quickly and sets, preventing clumps. I have not had a clumpy mascara day with this one once!

The fact that it dries quickly allows you to be able to do more coats without it caking up and getting clumpy - so important. The brush is long and thin which is great for reaching the smaller lashes in the corners and the fact that it sets so well means that it doesn't flake all day. Some mascaras set quite dry which means they go flaky during the day, this one dries but doesn't make the lashes feel stiff, they are still slightly feathery to the touch and look quite glossy.

It's not the most volumizing mascara, however I prefer length over volume so this is perfect for me. It holds it's own when I wear it with eyeliner or a smokey eye, still making my lashes look lengthy and thick.

My Shu eyelash curlers
I always, always curl my lashes before I apply my mascara as it makes such a difference - my favourites are the Shu Uemura eyelash curlers, they are incredible!

Close-up: No mascara, uncurled lashes

Close-up: Lashes curled with Shu Uemura eyelash curlers and wearing two
coats of Lancôme Hypnôse mascara in 01 Noir
I have quite naturally long lashes that are dark and thick, but I am pleased with the outcome that this mascara gives, and I am VERY fussy with mascara! Very. 

What are your thoughts? Do you have an all time favourite mascara?

No comments:

Post a Comment