Sunday 20 January 2013

Weekly Skin Treatments - Alpha-H Micro Cleanse and Alba Botanica Papaya Enzyme Facial Mask


Alpha-H Micro Cleanse 50ml and Alba Papaya Enzyme Facial Mask 85g

I recently decided to add these two products to my skincare routine as weekly treatments to further better my skin. I believe that masks and exfoliants are so important to keep skin looking healthy, de-congested and smooth. These two products in particular focus on the refinement of the skins texture, something my skin has been needing at the moment.

I am prone to micro bumps and congestion in my t-zone as well as blackheads, I decided to go for a product containing Papaya as I have read lots about it's 'skin-eating' properties. It really helps by eating the dead skin cells that can build up over time.



This mask by Alba Botanica has been a really nice mask to use as its gel texture feels really cooling on the skin and is completely clear, so wearing this won't scare the postman! It says to leave it on for around 5 minutes, however I sometimes leave it on for longer if I am doing things around the house. When I remove the mask my skin feels really, really soft, and I have noticed that with continued use that my skin looks smoother and dry flakes are gone.

I loved this mask especially when I had the flu just before Christmas as my nose gets really dry and flakey when I have a cold. After using this my nose was smooth and all the flakes were gone without having to physically exfoliate it with a scrub, which would irritate my skin further. 




I love a good gritty face scrub and this Alpha-H one fits the bill perfectly. I was drawn to it due to it's 12% Glycolic acid content as I love this ingredient in skincare products. This is perfect for my skin as its so exfoliating. I use the scrub and work it around my face for around a minute, then I leave it on my skin for about 5 minutes to let the Glycolic acid get to work and exfoliate my skin chemically. You must make sure you rinse this off thoroughly as some beads can be left on the skin. After I use this my skin feels firm and smooth, and this scrub really helps to clear my skin of congestion and keep it's texture smooth and soft. 

I love both these products and I find that using them 2-3 times a week helps my skin to stay smooth and clear. What products do you use as your weekly treatments?

No comments:

Post a Comment