Monday 14 January 2013

Toni & Guy Nourish Reconstruction Mask - Review



Toni & Guy Nourish Reconstruction Mask for Intensely Nourished Hair - 200ml
Boots - £7.19

Here is a product that I don't think I could live without it, and believe me I did try! I originally picked this up on a trip to Boots for some new hair products, at the time it was 1/3 off so I thought I would give it a go. The mask is from Toni & Guy's 'Nourish' range which claims to give you 'intensely nourished hair'.

Directions for use: Apply to clean, wet hair. Leave for 3-5 minutes then rinse thoroughly.

The first time I used it, I noticed a massive difference in my hair - and that's saying something! My hair typically is very dry and dehydrated without the right products and care. My ends would often be dry, brittle and frizzy as well of the rest of my hair suffering from breakage and dryness (typical qualities of Afro-Caribbean hair). Using this mask I found my ends were nourished and I can't even tell you how soft. My hair looked shiny and felt sleek and manageable with no signs of dryness. I used the mask all over paying extra attention to my ends and the front section near the roots. I was so surprised at how much this mask had changed my hair in just one use and it continued to perform until I finished the pot.
Once the pot was finished I didn't get a change to pop to Boots to pick up another for around two weeks and I was so surprised how much this made a difference to my hair. The first time I washed and styled it without using the mask my hair was frizzy, dry and brittle. I thought it might have been a shampoo I had used, but the next time I washed my hair with other products, it was the same story. 
Now, I'm not sure if I'm okay with the fact that this product doesn't provide long term effects, however I can't argue with what it does to my hair in terms of it's condition when I use it and how much healthier it looks when styled. It's safe to say that I most definitely did re-purchase this mask - I just can't get enough! As for the price point, I think it's a great price based on the results that it gives -- a definite recommendation from me!


The mask has a lovely, thick texture that applies well onto the hair and feels quite luxurious, very different from lower-end masks I have tried such as Herbal Essences and Pantene for example. It also has the most gorgeous scent which I've found all of T&G's products have.

You can pick up Toni & Guy products from their salons, online or from Boots!

Do you use any Toni & Guy products? 

No comments:

Post a Comment