Friday 27 July 2012

Review: Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep 4


Hello lovelies,
Finally! My review on my favourite bronzer/contour product, I've been dying to write about this product, because I absolutely love it.


Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep 4

I picked this bronzer up from Selfridges a few weeks ago, and I got the SA to help me pick out a shade. I already have the 'Chanel Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronze Universel' (Lengthy title I know!), but at the moment I am an NC42 in Mac foundations, and I'm just too dark for that bronzer at the moment, it's more my winter bronzer. She agreed that I don't want to go too light with the shade I pick because I want it to actually show up on my skin. 




Most bronzers look pretty scary in the packaging anyway, but once applied with a light hand they look beautiful and natural and you can always build up the colour if you want. She recommended Deep 4 and tried it on me, I fell in love straight away. It was the perfect shade for me and complimented my yellow undertones.

The bronzer is a red-toned deep terracotta shade, so it never looks orange or dirty on my skin, it looks really lovely and natural.




This photo is a really accurate portrayal of the shade, and I would say if you are around my colour, this shade would be perfect for you. I believe this is the darkest shade Bobbi Brown does in this bronzing powder, they also do a 'dark' shade, which 8 think may be slightly lighter. The product itself is silky and not chalky, it's really easy to apply but like I said, make sure you use a light hand. 

It's a matte bronzer, so no shimmer at all here! I personally only like matte bronzers, I don't like to have glitter on my cheeks as a rule, a slight sheen in my blush is fine, but too much glitter looks a bit garish! I save that for the highlighter! Being a matte bronzer, it means it is really good for contouring in the hollows of the cheeks to really give your face some shape and definition.

-

I apply this using either:

MAC 187 Duo Fibre Stippling Brush (Sorry it's dirty! I used it today)

- or -


Givenchy Le Pinceau Bronzing Brush


I love this bronzer, and I really recommend it.

You can get it from the Bobbi Brown website, Selfridges, House of Fraser, John Lewis and Debenhams anDd it retails for £27.

What's your favourite bronzer? Have you tried the Bobbi Brown?

Many more make-up posts soon! Lots to review! Hope you liked.


2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed your post, check out my blog if you like www.chel-sea-xo.blogspot.co.uk.
    Follow if you wish, I always follow back :)
    CHELSEAXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you! Glad you liked it.
    Followed you :-)

    X

    ReplyDelete