Tuesday 24 July 2012

Vogue Bit #1 - Sunscreens!

So, I'm going to start a new post series called 'Vogue Bit' that basically will consist of little bits and and bobs I have found when reading Vogue (I have a yearly subscription thanks to the gloriousness of my boyfriend - wahoo!), and just my comments and opinions on things that have caught my eye. They will be articles/pages that I found interesting, useful or insightful, and I'll give some gab about what I liked and expand on it etc etc....

So the first Vogue Bit is about Sunscreen - no surprises there! If you know me, you will know that when it comes to sunscreen I am a woman on a mission (haha) and that I value the significance of sun protection and see it essential on ALL DAYS, not just in the sun! 



 The article 'Sun, sand and scent' in the August issue is about sunscreens providing that summer fragrance that 'evokes happy holiday memories'. I thought it was an interesting concept, and I could relate - I love the smell of sunscreens, they really remind me of holidays and make me feel all nostalgic and summery! Being a very, very unusually hot day in England today, I felt inspired to do this post - why the hell not!



I scanned in this photo from the article which shows their top picks of 'yummy smelling' sunscreens ranging from mid to high end in price and brand. These lovely luxury sunscreens just looked so good, and by the descriptions, smell so good too! It's always nice to have something on your skin that smells lovely, even better when the smell reminds you of happy times/things. The list ranges from the cheapest at £15.00 - Hawaiian Trop Silk Hydration SPF 30, to the most expensive - Sisley Super Creme Body Sun Care SPF 15 at a whopping £107.00!

I like the sound of the Biotherm as its Citrusy, and the Elizabeth Arden as I can imagine a lovely Coconut-ty scent - yummy! I like the look of the Clarins one for the next time I go away to somewhere very hot, the 'anti-wrinkle' is just too appealing, even at my tender age of 18! Gotta keep them wrinkles at bay!

Do you have a favourite sunscreen with a lovely scent?

Garnier Sheer Protect SPF 30 and Garnier Light
 & Silky Protection Milk SPF 15

The sunscreens I'm using at the moment are these two from Garnier, I use the Sheer Protect SPF 30 on my face if it's really sunny and I'm wearing no make-up, and the Light & Silky SPF 15 when I have any flesh exposed. To me, they smell just like holiday :-)


Hope you enjoyed! The next Vogue bit will be fashion related, so look out for that!




No comments:

Post a Comment