Sunday 29 July 2012

Review: LUSH Fresh Face Mask - Brazened Honey

Hey all!

Another review, so many products I want to share my opinion on! This time it's a bit of skincare - my favourite face mask in the world!


Lush Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask

Yep, it's a fresh face mask from Lush! Brazened Honey is the first face mask from Lush I have tried, and I was really impressed when I started using it how much it did for my skin. After browsing through Lush.co.uk at all the fresh face masks they had to offer, I decided on this one as I thought it would give my skin the best results.



This ingredients in this mask are as follows:

*occurs naturally in essential oils

(The green text represents the natural ingredients and the black text represents safe synthetic ingredients)


It contains perfume as you can see, but the fact that it contains fragrance doesn't irritate my skin. The mask itself is very potent smelling and is delicious. If I put this on my face it fils the whole room with it's gorgeous smell - I love it!




What Lush say: 

"  Been burning the candle at both ends? A detox mask to put things right

It's hard to stick to all the rules. Eight hours sleep a night, two litres of water a day, plenty of exercise, five fruit and veg etc. This mask is for when you have overdone things and let the rules slide. A detox to get tired and dull skin back to being radiant and glowing.  "

I really rate this mask in terms of doing what it is actually meant to do. I used this mask for the first time and loved it, used it all up and then went about two weeks without buying another one. Let me tell you, my face just wasn't the same. I realised that it really helped with the dark areas I sometimes get from waxing and removing hair on my upper lip, the mask helped to even out my skin tone as I am also prone to darkness on my forehead. It brightens your skin tone, makes it look glowing and even and I always use it before going out, as all the ingredients are really detoxifying and refreshing. My skin feel so clean afterwards.




Lush say : "  Helen researched ayurvedic detoxing ingredients and has combined them here with some of our other favourite ingredients, because she wanted a mask that was stimulating, but balanced by calming kind ingredients.  "
  • Sage, Juniper and rosemary infusions, ground cardamon and clove bud oil for their antiseptic qualities. - It's great to use if you're having breakouts, as these ingredients will help soothe spots and keep germs away, helping them to heal.

  • Eggs, honey and almond oil to soothe, soften and moisturise the skin. - Skin feels soft and supple after using the mask, which I love. It's not drying and doesn't make your face feel dehydrated.

  • Fresh fennel, fresh ginger root, fresh parsley and fresh coriander to detox, and stimulate - and their enzymes will help break down dead skin cells. - The detoxifying ingredients and the enzymes really get rid of dead skin and leave a smooth base for make-up. This is why I love using it before going out for the night or days when I want to look extra polished.

  • Fresh lime juice cleans and degreases.  Ground almond shells act as a stimulating scrub to lift away dead grey skin. Finally kaolin and talc absorb grease and give a lovely texture to hold all those ingredients onto the skin. - The lime juice really cleans your skin, my skin feels so clean after I use it and the ground almond shells are great for an exfoliation at the end. I sometimes don't use a cleanser after this mask because it just does the lot!!





As you can see from the picture above, I've used two of these already! One tub will last you a long time, Lush say it should be used within 3 weeks while the ingredients are still fresh and active. The mask should be discarded after that, but I've found the product doesn't go off or anything if you keep it slightly longer. I can get 4 masks a week out of this for a month and still have some left over using rather generous helpings. I didn't believe it could last me that long at first but it really does. Thats 16 facials for £5.75!! Amazing right?

You can purchase the Lush Brazened Honey Fresh Face Mask for £5.75 from any Lush store, and you can order it online here. I have just finished my second pot, and I can't get to Lush for a while yet so I'm thinking of putting in an order online soon. If you live in the UK and are ordering from the Lush site you should be fine, but it does say that if you live outside the UK, then the delivery times may affect the product. 

Have you tried any of Lush's fresh face masks? I'm looking to try 'The Sacred Truth' next.

Comment & share :-)



2 comments:

  1. I've heard so much about this Face Mask already and at least by now I HAVE to put it onto my wishlist!

    Nice review!

    xx

    hermionelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing!!! Get it get it!
    X

    ReplyDelete