Monday 23 July 2012

Review: Emu Oil Well Moisturising Eye Cream



A little review of a certain eye cream that I happen to be in love with! The Emu Oil Well Moisturising Eye Cream is something I stumbled across while browsing on feelunique.com - a website very dear to my heart because it does FREE DELIVERY on ALL ITEMS (yes!) This is a major plus for me, Space NK just takes the piss with its £5.00 delivery charge - however I have just ordered from there, but that's another blog post all in itself!

I looked at this eye cream and thought the 'Emu oil' was quite interesting, oil....from an Emu?? Say what? Emu oil is the oil rendered from the fat of an Emu (yum)....I don't know what that means, but it's bloody good at moisturising! I looked at some reviews on MakeUpAlley (check it out if you want to read reviews on products before you buy, it's a really great site with almost every product you could imagine on there) just to see if it would be worth a purchase. 

Lots of people commented saying that it was really good under make-up for concealer - this is exactly what I was looking for in an eye cream. If you are quite prone to dryness under the eyes or scaly looking concealer, it is because your eye area is dehydrated, a good eye cream will sort that right out and let your concealer glide on and look glowing and natural - not scaly! The skin under and around your eyes is very sensitive, and quite prone to dryness if not kept well hydrated and moisturised. It is important to moisturise your under eye and brow bone with a good eye cream - regular moisturisers can sometimes be too harsh and irritating on this delicate area.


The write up on Feel Unique says:

"  Emu Oil Well Moisturising Eye Cream addresses these problems with a gentle moisturising and nourishing recipe that combines the benefits of emu oil with Hyaluronic acid, Retinyl Palmitate and naturally beneficial skin nutrients. Using the cream twice a day will hydrate and soothe, soften, improve elasticity and reduce wrinkles.  "

Two words: HYLAURONIC ACID - yes! This magic little ingredient is a super super amazing addition to any skincare product as it provides moisture and hydration for the skin. When we are younger, our skin produces good amounts of Hylauronic Acid, but when we get older our skin produces much less. We can replenish our skin with products containing it to keep the skin plumped and hydrated.

That is exactly how this eye-cream feels when you put it on, it hydrates extremely well. I apply it as the last step in my face routine, even after my sunscreen. I leave it to sink in for a few minutes before I apply my make-up, just to let it sink into the skin and not make my concealer work too slippery. It's light and silky in texture and doesn't feel heavy or gunky, it hasn't given me any milia (tiny white cysts that can occur around the eyes if the product is clogging pores) despite my sometimes generous applications.




This cream has been gentle enough for my eye area and I have not reacted into it in any way. I use it morning and night and I have noticed significant changes in my dark under-eye circles, they have improved a lot and are barely visible now since using this. Wearing eye cream makes me feel completely 'done' - my skin feels plump and hydrated and not tight or dry. I can't leave the house without a bit of this stuff! Its fab.


The texture isn't too thick, it's quite silky and
blends a dream
After I have rubbed the eye cream in - it leaves
a slight sheen initially then sinks in completely
after a few minutes


So, if you're looking for a great and cheap eye cream that works effectively and that I honestly believe is better than some expensive eye creams on the market (most eye creams tend to retail for hefty prices for the amount of product you get!) then look no further than this one!

You can get it here at Feel Unique for £8.05.....£8.05!!!!! Honestly, I have been using it for months, and the picture above shows just how much product I have left - you only need a small amount for the eye area!

I hope this review was helpful! Let me know if you purchase this eye cream and tell me what you think! :-)




1 comment:

  1. Great review! I was looking to pick this up but had to look up some reviews first. Im a new follower on bloglovin! You can check out my blog as well if you wish :)

    http://www.cherisecheeks.com

    ReplyDelete