Tuesday 17 July 2012

Review: Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Lipstick in 32 La Ravissante


 Hello!
This is a little review of one of my favourite lipsticks at the moment - Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Lipstick in 32 La Ravissante. I picked this up at the counter in Selfridges, I had already eyed up this shade at my local Chanel counter, and I went back to buy it! The guy who served me was very lovely and even gave me a couple of samples to try! (see below)
I wanted a coral lipstick to add to my collection, something that was non-drying and perfect for summer.


This Chanel one fits the bill perfectly - the shade is a gorgeous coral colour with visible red tones, not a particularly orangey coral. The formula is so smooth and velvety and is a 'matte' finish. I would say however, that this lipstick is not drying in any way shape or form. If you are familiar with the formulations of Mac's matte lipsticks, Revlon's matte lipsticks and other brands, you will know that they can be quite drying on the lips, giving a long lasting finish but sometimes not the most comfortable or attractive if you have particularly dry lips. 

Swatch with flash

Swatch without flash
 This lipstick is very creamy and almost has a sheen, after applying to my lips I always blend the product in with my finger to get a nice even finish, it just sets the lipstick in place and the matte finish is much more apparent.

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Lipstick in 32 La Ravissante - No flash

Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Lipstick in 32 La Ravissante -
With flash (I would say this is the truest colour
representation of the shade)

An extremely photogenic portrayal of the Chanel
lipsticks - gorgeous! (I found this on Tumblr)

Me wearing Chanel Rouge Allure Velvet Lipstick in 32 La Ravissante

Overall I love this lipstick - the colour pay-off, formula and packaging are gorgeous - the packaging particularly gorgeous actually, it's like a little gadget! You push the gold end with the logo in, and it pops out! Chanel haven't disappointed me with they're lipsticks as of yet, and I hope to buy lots more shades in this finish and other finishes (Rouge Coco, Rouge Allure - not forgetting the lipglosses!) I have the Rouge Coco Shine in Evasion and it is gorgeous, a real "plaster all over the lips and go" kinda colour. 

The Rouge Allure Velvet Lipstick in 32 La Ravissante retails at £25 and is available at all Chanel counters as well as House of Fraser, Debenhams, Selfridges and many more.



Here are some Instagram photos.....

Label on bottom


Above: Chanel Eye Make-Up Remover Sample
Below: Chanel Vitalumiere Foundation in B50 Sample
(Both given to me when I was buying at the Chanel counter)

 Have you tried any Chanel lipsticks? Comment & follow if you like the review! :-)
Chloe x


3 comments:

  1. Great review! Looks like a gorgeous colour. I havent splurged on lipsticks that price yet! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou! :-) It's gorgeous, and yep, it is a splurge!!
    Chanel always deliver tho, so to me it's worth the money for a truly lovely lippy
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've got to do a post on how to do your eyebrows - yours always look gorgeous and i've got no clue how to attempt it!

    ReplyDelete