Tuesday 31 July 2012

Pedicure Products: My Favourites

Hey all, 

So today's post is about feet - not the most pleasant of topics, however it can be pleasant if you look after yours! I have pretty average feet, quite dry and hard on the heels however (I think I get this from my Mum!), so it is important for me to nourish my feet. I do this by using these products, I have gotten positive results from them all and these are my favourite home pedicure treats at the moment so I thought I would share!


love these products, and have been using them all for months. I love to take care of my feet because theres nothing nicer than having polished, soft toes with a fresh manicure - especially as it's summer so toes may be on show!

Soap & Glory Heel Genius Foot Cream

This is a product I have absolutely loved using - it's a mint coloured nourishing foot cream that is targeted at dry, rough heels. The name 'heel genius' is a play on words for 'real genius', I wouldn't expect anything less from Soap & Glory! I have so many of their products and this has to be one of my favourites.

This foot cream smells menthol-y and gorgeous but not too overpowering. It is a great moisturiser for those areas of feet that need the most love. I use this all over my feet concentrating on my heels and my actual nails - I feel it's important to always nourish your nails to keep them shiny and strong. For extra oomph I slather this all over my feet, pop some cotton ankle socks on and leave them while I'm just at home relaxing or doing bits and bobs. The socks stop the cream from transferring off of your feet and they help create a sort of 'foot-masque' in which all the moisture is trapped around your feet nourishing them deeply. They feel so soft and smooth afterwards!

This foot cream contains Allantoin, Glycerin, Macadamia Oil, Menthol, Bilberry, and Orange & Lemon Fruit Acid Smoothers - Fruit acid is good for naturally eating away and dissolving dead skin!

Soap & Glory Heel Genius is available from Boots and is £5.50.


Sally Hansen Radiant Hands, Nails & Cuticles Creme and Soap&Co Cuticle Oil

These two products are small put packed with lots of Oomph, the Sally Hansen is great for moisturising the area around your nails, the bits that tend to get dry. It moisturises the nail, helps you to remove the cuticles with great ease and leaves the surrounding area looking lovely and polished. A blob on each nail and rubbed in is great, and I use it on my toenails and fingernails. I got this as a sample size, but you can buy the full size from here for a discounted price of £3.81 (usually £10.83).

The Soap&Co cuticle oil has got to be my most favourite of all that I will mention, purely because it is amazing. This oil is so, so nourishing. It's got a great rollerball application which is so quick and easy - just roller it over each nail. I get a cotton pad after this and buff the product into my nails which removes the cuticle instantly, over time strengthens weak nails and moisturises dry nails. I am very prone to dryness on my toenails as well as my fingernails, and this oil sorts me right out if they are looking dehydrated. 

It's got some great ingredients such as Sweet Almond Oil and Jojoba Oil, smells amazing and is perfect for taking away as it's tiny and the rollerball is perfect. I carry this with me a lot actually, it really comes in handy.

You can buy the Soap&Co Cuticle Oil from their website here and it is £10.00 for 10ml.


Boots 'Gorgeous Feet' Deeply Intensive Moisturiser

 Another foot moisturiser, this one is great. It smells lovely, it's rich and does a great job at really hydrating your feet. Again, I do with this what I do with the Soap & Glory - slather it all over! It's great for all over your feet, especially the heels which is why I originally bought it. 

For the price, this product feels really luxurious, the packaging is nice and I thoroughly enjoy using it. Definitely will repurchase.

You can buy the Boots Gorgeous Feet Deeply Intensive Moisturiser from Boots for £4.99.


Soap&Co Nail Buffer

 Last but not least this nail buffer also from Soap&Co, this brand does great nail care. I got this along with the cuticle oil in the passion fruit nail kit which you can buy here for £39.99. It includes the nail buffer, the cuticle oil, a nail file and the most gorgeous smelling lotion ever, their passionfruit hand & body lotion - it's so good I would buy it just for the lotion! But you can buy it separately, I really do recommend it and it's great for feet also.

The nail buffer is really great for super polished nails, it's got three different coloured sides, one cream, one white and two black. The black sides are for buffing the nail to smooth ridges, flakes etc. The cream side is to smooth the nail over so it isn't textured or rough. The white side buffs the nail again but differently, and leaves you with the most incredible shine, it genuinely looks like you are wearing a clear coat of nail polish after you do this - I love it! This is great for toes and is really easy to use, if you're lazy or stuck for time this is a great way to achieve polished looking toenails without nail polish or a salon visit.

I have had this since Christmas and used it many, many times - the black sides are starting to wear away so I need to repurchase another soon!

You can buy just the nail buffer here from Soap&Co for £15.00.

-

So I hope you enjoyed this post, and I hope the products mentioned can help you on your way to perfect tootsies! Let me know if you've used any or if you are thinking of purchasing any! I recommend them all.








2 comments:

  1. Me too! Make sure you check out my giveaway!

    http://cocomykel.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/giveaway.html

    :-)
    X

    ReplyDelete