Monday 18 March 2013

15/03/13 - Feeling Ill and Dehydrated


I posted this picture on Instagram (@cocomykel) the other day of the products I'd used in the morning to try and perk my skin up a bit. I've been a bit ill the past week and that particular morning my skin was feeling really dry and tight. After cleansing with Nude Cleansing Oil and Emma Hardie Moringa Cleansing Balm, I toned using Biologique Recherche P50 which is a product I got recently that I've been really eager to try, but not traditionally a toner. It's quite a strong liquid containing lots of exfoliating ingredients such as Glycolic Acid to purify and exfoliate the surface of your skin to reveal clearer and more smooth skin. I'm yet to write about it on the blog as I want to use it for a bit longer first, but I'm really impressed so far. I then followed it up with Hydraluron Serum which I've been using for ages and you can read about it in my review here. For moisturiser, I actually used a night cream as I was just around the house and running a few errands so I wasn't wearing any make-up. I used the Trilogy Age Proof Replenishing Night Cream which is another recent purchase after my previous night cream had run out. This stuff is so concentrated, unbelievably so, and feels so luxurious on the skin. It contains lots of lovely ingredients such as Omega 3, 6 and 9, Hyaluronic acid, Marula Oil, Evening Primrose Oil and Olive Oils. The consistency is thick but melts gorgeously into skin and feels really hydrating without being greasy. Really, really enjoying this so far. I then finished off with my favourite eye cream Emu Oil Well Moisturising Eye Cream and my go-to lip balm at the moment the Nuxe Reve De Miel lip balm in the stick form (as I have long nails and the pot version would be a nightmare!)

After all this (phew!) my skin felt comfortable and hydrated all day which makes such a difference when you're feeling rough.

What are your favourite products when you're feeling under the weather?


1 comment:

  1. It's awful when your poorly and it takes it's toll on your skin too. Hope your feeling better.

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete