Saturday 30 March 2013

Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Arabesque - Spring '13 Collection

Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Arabesque - £20
After photographing this lippy, it became apparent that taking pictures of lipsticks is in fact my idea of a good time, who'd a thought 'eh?


I picked up this Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Arabesque a few months back in John Lewis when shopping in Central London. This lipstick is part of the Arabesque Collection for Spring '13 and I was won over by the colour immediately. 



Arabesque is a gorgeous peach pink shade, smooth and creamy with no shimmer.



  The colour pay-off is nice, the texture is really creamy and very easy to apply. It feels moisturising on the lips, however because it's such a creamy formula, it does accentuate flakes, dry patches and settles into lines *frowns*. I have a problem with a lot of lipsticks for this reason, but this one does accentuate problem areas quite badly. It looks really nice blotted in slightly after I've scrubbed my lips and applied a lip balm which I normally do anyway before applying lip products.

Arabesque Crème Smooth Lip Colour
swatched on my hand

I do really love the shade and it looks lovely under lip glosses of a similar shade for a more full lip effect. Like all LM's products, the packaging is beautiful, really chic and expensive looking. It feels nice and weighty too!

You can pick up Arabesque from any Laura Mercier counter or on Space.NK for £20, but I do think it's limited edition so it wont be around forever!

Have you tried any Laura Mercier products?






1 comment:

  1. The shade is soo lovely!
    But I have the dry patches lip problem too.. So I'll have to give it a pass..:(..
    xx
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete