Wednesday 13 March 2013

The Classic Beauty Blender Review


Beautyblender Classic Duo Set - £24.00 here.
The Beautyblender is something I have been wanting to try for so long and I have no idea why I waited because I think it is the best thing I have ever applied my foundation with - ever.

A lot of foundations I like are quite lightweight and dewy - meaning that sometimes because they are light and fluid they can look streaky if applied with a brush. A brush also doesn't allow much coverage to be built up with these more lightweight foundations, but this is where the Beautyblender really succeeded for me.

I start by running the blender under cold water and squeezing repetitively so it soaks up water and doubles in size, becoming spongey and more springy. I then squeeze out the excess with my hands until it doesn't release any more water, followed by gently blotting excess moisture with a towel. I now have a fluffy and slightly damp blender to begin my make-up application with!


The sponge allows you to press and blot the foundation into your skin, taking away any chance of streaks or un-even application. Pressing it into the skin also keeps it lasting so much longer than applying it with a brush - for me anyway. Because you are pressing rather than 'painting' it on, it allows you to work in layers, pressing the foundation into the skin on the areas you need more coverage until you have the amount you need. Squeezing and pressing with the blender also seems to release more product which is great also - the sponge doesn't just absorb it all up and waste product.

The slight dampness of the sponge when you use it makes the foundation apply better, as if you were using MAC Fix+ to help it blend better. The application is so even and so easy to apply.

I use the pointed tip with my MAC Pro Longwear Concealer in NW25 to again work in layers and build up coverage under my eyes and around my nose and mouth (the areas I need it most). The blender applies this liquid concealer like a dream and working in thin layers, I can press the product in rather than blending it out with a brush. By pressing it in I can get such a higher amount of coverage for the product I'm using as it's not just being blended away. The thin layers along with the concealers quick setting time means that I can build up coverage quickly but without it looking cakey or creasing.

This sponge has made my make-up in the mornings so quick and easy to apply - I can do it quickly and evenly with long lasting results - whats not to love??

-

I really really really recommend the Beautyblender for foundation, concealer, cream blush, liquid highlighter, cream highlighter.......the list goes on. 

Have you ever tried the Beautyblender?


2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried a Beauty Blender but I really want to! Especially after reading this review :)

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete