Sunday 31 March 2013

Jouer Tinted Lip Enhancer in Cosmo - Review


This is the result of CultBeauty.co.uk having free delivery for a limited period - impulse orders happen! Well, not impulse entirely as I have been lusting after this since Gem from Gem's Maquillage used it in a tutorial and it looked stunning! You can see that video and the post here. The free delivery just pushed me over the edge, as paying £5 shipping for a tiny £12.50 lip gloss is obscene, in my eyes.

Jouer Tinted Lip Enhancer in Cosmo - £12.50 at Cult Beauty

I've realised that I am loving the lip gloss/lip balm hybrid that is also what I would describe Clarins' Instant Light Lip Perfector's as. This Jouer offering is no different and really lovely in terms of texture and colour. The colour is described on CB as a sheer poppy-pink, I believe it contains a slight shimmer but it translates as a glow on the lips - not glittery in the slightest. It's not sticky at all, something I love about these balm/gloss formulas as who likes a sticky lip gloss?! No one. 


Granted these options need a bit more topping up than their stickier contenders but thats fine by me. The quality of the Tinted Lip Enhancer is really great, very high end - and for the price?! It's roughly £5 cheaper than the Clarins alternatives that I so love - so thats a plus!

Cosmo Tinted Lip Enhancer swatched on my hand
Me wearing Cosmo with nothing else on 
The photo above is quite a light application, you could apply a bit more for a slightly more intense colour, but the point of these is that they 'enhance' your own lips in a natural and nourishing way with a glossy finish. I absolutely love the formula, the packaging and the colour. It's my first product from Jouer, and having heard so many rave reviews about many products, particularly the Matte Moisture Tint, I'm impressed! 

You can pick up the Tinted Lip Enhancers from CultBeauty.co.uk as long as lots of other Jouer products. 

Have you tried any Jouer products?



2 comments:

  1. Such a lovely blog, followed straight away! :)

    Sara x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sara! I'll be sure to follow back! xx

      Delete