Thursday 14 March 2013

OOTN: Anniversary Date - 13/03/13



It was me and my gorgeous boyfriend Jake's 3 year anniversary yesterday so we popped out for a meal to celebrate. As always it was a great night and was so nice to celebrate 3 amazing years together.

Jake always moans that I have to have a new outfit for every occasion, which is true and this girl ain't stoppin' anytime soon! Events and occasions are just too much of an excuse to buy a new outfit - I know I'm right. 

As for this outfit, Jake was pleased to know that I nabbed this vintage dress from a charity shop, paired with my trusty Topshop leather jacket and my new favourite heels, my Zara nude pointed pumps. As we were only going to Chiquitos (our fave place at the moment), I didn't want to look too dressy, so the leather jacket gave the fitted dress a bit of an edge. 

I'm also loving monochrome at the moment as you can see, although the panels are black and cream not black and white. Also see my bag on the left - my new monochrome beauty from New Look (here). I realised when about to step out the door that my bag and outfit didn't go as it was far too matchy-matchy, but it wasn't too tragic. The bag itself is such a bargain at £14.99 and is such good quality, when I saw the price I just had to have it. Not as practical as my Zara City Bag with all it's compartments and zips but still looks gorgeous carried over my arm.

I kept my make-up simple with a some winged eyeliner and a peach gloss lip as well as foundation, concealer etc. I used my Nars Sheer Glow foundation which I'm still on the fence about over a year later. I shall keep using it and might vent my opinions on the blog soon.

Sorry about the quality of the photos, I didn't have my camera so impromptu outfit photos were snapped on my iPhone!

Are you a fan of the monochrome trend?




12 comments:

  1. This dress is stunning - cn't believe it is from a charity shop, bang on trend. I love monochrome right now!

    Be great if you could check out my latests outfit posts: Givenchy Rottweiler & my Boohoo Global Styler entry.

    I am also running my 1st blog giveaway here where you could win MAC, Jewellery plus other goodies.

    Thanks! Charlie xx LurchHoundLoves.com | UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know!! Thanks for your comment! I love your blog. xxx

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary dear! <33 I love your outfit; it's amazing! The shoes are to die for!! :))

    XO,
    http://www.rosychicc.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary you looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary!! Your blog is so cute.. xx
    Gemma | ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the dress, I bet it was a bargain! So 60s.

    www.thumbelinalillie.com
    Megan xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you I love it too! Such a steal xx

      Delete
  6. LOVE your dress, it really suits you too Chloe! xx

    ReplyDelete