Wednesday 1 August 2012

July Favourites!

Hi beauties,
Seeing as a lot of other beauty bloggers and vloggers do monthly favourites, I thought that I would start doing mine! These are my favourite beauty products for the month of July!



This month it's mostly skincare with a few make-up bits I have been enjoying.




Algenist Gentle Rejuvenating Cleanser with Alguronic Acid

My favourite cleanser of the moment, it's amazing. It's main ingredient is Alguronic Acid which improves cell regeneration and can help prevent against the affects of ageing, promotes the growth of new skin cells, eliminates old and damaged cells, improves skin texture, evens skin tone and boosts radiance. 

I am thoroughly enjoying using this cleanser, it makes my skin glow, keeps my skin tone even and cleans my skin really thoroughly.

You can get this cleanser from Space NK for £18.00.


Mac Studio Fix Powder in NC42

First of all, I can't believe I am an NC42! I think I need to realise that I actually have some colour now! Haha. This is my summer colour in Mac powders and foundations and I have been loving this powder for the hot weather. 

When it's hot I don't tend to wear foundation, I find it too uncomfortable and my skin is usually clear but more oily in the summer so if I'm not wearing Mac's Face & Body Foundation, I won't be wearing anything at all! That is except for this powder, which I dust lightly over my face after I apply my sunscreen just to give my face some colour and a fresh, matte look. 

I do like to apply my sunscreen generously for good protection, so it can sometimes leave me looking a bit white! This powder just gives me my colour back, gives my skin a nice texture and keeps my skin looking nice and smooth and not greasy throughout the day. I do re-apply this and it doesn't get cakey, it's great!

You can get this from any Mac store or online here for £20.50 and can be used as both a powder and a foundation.




La Roche Posay Redermic+

Okay so, this moisturiser is for filling in lines and wrinkles and I know, I know I'm only 18. However that's not why I love this product. First of all it's got 5 %Vitamin C in it which is so good for regenerating your skin and keeping it looking healthy, the proof of how much Vitamin C is present is the colour that the moisturiser goes when it dries into the lid - orange and yellow! I do have a few lines on my forehead and around my mouth, the ones around my mouth are particularly deep. These lines aren't from age and I have had them for years, it is simply the way my face is and how my skin moves when I smile and talk - my Mum has the exact same lines so I guess it's just meant to be. They do bother me, and this moisturiser has helped fill them in slightly, but the main reason why I love it is because it so rich, but it feels like water. 

It deeply hydrates and injects moisture into your skin with Hylauronic Acid and I have been using this as my night time moisturiser for months. It also works wonders on dry patches if you go a bit overboard with the spot cream like I have done once or twice. It's not heavy, its not greasy, it's just amazing. It saves my skin from being dehydrated no matter what the weather is like, and is perfect under make-up.

This particular one is for Normal - Combination skin and can be purchased on Escentual for £21.65 (RRP £25.50)


Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in 48 Évasion

This has been my go-to 'slap-on-without-a-mirror-and-go' product. When the weathers hot, Mac's Ruby Woo isn't exactly the top of my list and this lipstick/lipbalm fusion is perfect for moisturising, and giving a lovely pink sheen. It feels like silk and looks amazing.

You can get this from most department stores and it retails at £24.00.




Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder

This is the best powder for setting foundation I have ever tried. It's perfect. It sets foundation and concealer beautifully and helps my make-up to stay on all day. 

It doesn't leave a dry look and it doesn't look cakey in the slightest. It's light and can be dusted on with a big fluffy powder brush, or really packed on with a powder puff to set heavy concealer work. This powder is a must have for me, and I have been loving it this month.

You can get it from House of Fraser for £29.00.


Blistex Intensive Moisturiser

This is the cutest little lip cream ever! It's really one of my favourite lip products to use and nourishes my lips so well. I use it mostly everyday and frequently when my lips feel dry. It really helps to get them back to normal and make them feel soft and plump. It has a yummy minty taste and smell and is packed with Shea Butter, Camphor and Allantoin and protects as well as moisturises your lips. 

It also has an SPF of 10 so it's great for protecting your lips (they need protection too!) and I will always use this on holiday. I actually have two on the go at all times, one in my room and one in my handbag!

I really do recommend this as a lip treatment overnight or just for everyday and it is great, great value for money.

You can pick this up at Boots for £2.59!





Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Deep 4

I have already raved about this product in a review which you can read here so I won't repeat myself! 

It's my favourite bronzer of the moment and it so lovely and easy to use, even if I don't feel like wearing much make-up I'll just dust some of this over my cheekbones instead of blush or in the hollows of my cheeks for a bit of summer bronzing and contour. I just love it.


Lancôme Tonique Doucer

Hands down best toner in the world. Smells beautiful, feels moisturising, is soothing on the skin and contains Papaya and Pineapple for resurfacing and moisturising qualities. It makes my skin feel beautifully smooth after I cleanse and relieves all feelings of dryness or tightness if your skin if feeling a little dehydrated. It's alcohol-free which is important for me as I have used so many toners containing alcohol that have just wreaked havoc with my skin and it's balance (over-over-over-production of oil, ew). 

I have been enjoying this toner a lot this month, and I can tell I will repurchase it when I run out!

You can get this from Feel Unique for £21.00 including delivery.


Md Formulations Total Face Protector SPF 30

I spoke about this briefly here in my review of the Clinique City Block Sheer, mentioning that the Clinique didn't have full broad spectrum protection as far as UVA rays went. So I purchased this puppy and I must say I am very impressed.

I thought the Clinique was light on my skin, but this one seriously blows it out of the water. It feels extremely light and silky on the skin, and feels like I am wearing nothing, something that the Clinique did not provide. 

It gives great protection as it contains both chemical and physical sun filters and is great under make-up too! This really is a favourite of mine this month and I can see myself using it all up. It's a great option for an everyday SPF that feels weightless and won't make your make-up slide. It also hasn't broken me out which is a plus.

You can purchase this from Feel Unique for £13.60. (A great price also!)




Soap&Co Cuticle Oil

I mentioned this in my post about my favourite pedicure products which you can read here - have a look at that post to see why I love it and where you can purchase it from. It's a great little multi-tasker and I use it on a regular basis, I have been loving it this month as my nails have been quite dry.


Caudalie Beauty Elixir 30ml

Now for my ulitmate favourite of the month - the infamous Caudalie Beauty Elixir. It's a toner/serum which I use after my Lancôme toner as my 'day serum'. I can't exactly put my finger on why I love it so much, but I have thoroughly enjoyed using it. It smells divine and cleared up some blemishes that I had, which is proof enough for me that it does something. 

The goodness is in the ingredients as it is packed with so many oils and fruit extracts that tone the skin, help keep your complexion smooth and make you feel polished and ready for make-up. It can also be used over make-up which I have done, and it helps to refresh it during a long or hot day, making it last that extra bit longer. 

It's also lovely to carry around with you if you're a bit stressed out or anxious, as the smell is so gorgeous and calming just to breathe in after a quick spritz in the palm of your hand.

I will do a full review on it very soon, so be sure to look out for it! I just love this product and am planning on buying a few from France as back ups as they are cheaper over there and I'll get more for my money.

You can pick up the 30ml bottle of elixir from Feel Unique for £9.90 or the 100ml bottle for £28.80.

-

I do hope you enjoyed my monthly favourites! I shall be posting my August favourites at the end of August/Beginning of September!!


No comments:

Post a Comment