Tuesday 7 August 2012

Perfectly Polished: The Invisible Pedicure


Yes, that is a picture of my feet. Yes, they are fat. And no, I don't care if you are eating your dinner - my feet mare perfectly fine (haha!)

After reading the article 'The Invisible Pedicure' in Vogue, it really inspired me to go back to my old faithful pedicure trick - the standard top coat.


I always just used to slap on some top coat and be done with my toenails, and I don't know why I stopped doing it! It is so easy and quick if you're in a hurry or you're wearing sandals or peep-toes and you know you haven't painted your nails. Just grab a nail file, shape them nicely and paint on one or two coats of clear polish - done!

Theres something about a shiny nail that just makes you look so polished and neat. So if you're feeling too lazy to do your own pedicure and strapped for cash for a salon visit, just rummage through your nail polish stash and put your clear coat to good use.

You can even use a nail base underneath like O.P.I Nail Envy to ensure your nails stay healthy and strong, then go in with a clear coat on top!

As you can see from the article, this bare nailed trend has become popular on the runway and lots of models have been sporting this fab invisible pedicure.


Revlon Nail Enamel Top Speed Top Coat - £6.49

This Revlon one is the nail polish I used for the photo above and is recommended in the article too! It's a great mid-priced nail polish that does the job and gives at least 3 days flake free wear.


Dior Top Coat - £14.50

This Dior polish is another one mentioned in the article, and I think I'll try and get my hands on this when I use up all my Revlon as it's got a lovely wide brush so application will be even quicker! This will hopefully be longer wearing than the Revlon as it is a higher-end brand.

-

What nail polish are you currently sporting on your toes? 
Are you a fan of the invisible pedicure?
I'd love to hear your opinions so don't be afraid to comment!

Hope you enjoyed the post!

4 comments:

  1. Heey I like your blog, because it's so funny and useful :))
    would you like to follow each other? Pls, let me know..

    xx BBella
    justyled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I just followed you :-)
      Cool blog xx

      Delete
  2. I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! :)

    xx

    Find out more on my Blog:
    hermionelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did what?! :-) I don't even know what that is!! But I will check your blog now.
      Thank-you so much! So sweet of you!
      Xx

      Delete