Monday 6 August 2012

Vogue Bit #2 - Trends from the Catwalk A/W12


Hello!

This weeks 'Vogue Bit' is a bit of fashion, something a bit different and I've really enjoyed putting this post together.


I was reading the mini-magazine that comes with some issues of Vogue, (I always love reading them as they really encapsulate what trends are going to be coming forward in the next season and gives you a great insight on what pieces to look out for) and I suddenly thought "I have to post about this!".

This is quite a random idea/concept, but I quite like it and I think it works well for a post - so please let me know what you think! There were lots of things and pages in the booklet that really made me go "wow, I love that!, so I just started to take snaps of the pages that stood out to me the most. Kind of like collaging or "tumblr-ing" if you will, just me sharing things that I am liking and that inspire me. The pages I have photographed are some looks that I think will look really great for this Autumn/Winter, and most aren't the usual sort of colour schemes or looks you would expect from an end of year trend prediction.

There are plenty of colours, patterns, prints and really unique cuts and styles. After looking at the photo's I was inspired to research/have a look around the internet to further develop this sort of fashion collage, I found some bits and bobs that reminded me of these styles and trends. I really hope you like what I have put together!


Winter in Bloom


Winter?! Just look at those prints! I just loved this page when I saw it as I am a big big fan on prints and patterns. I just love bright, fibrant florals and deeper toned florals and teaming them with a bit of leather or pvc really roughs it up and creates a girly/edgy look.


This gorgeous floral maxi really reminded me of this trend, I love a good maxi dress and this seems great for Autumn/Winter teamed with some chelsea boots or ankle boots with a statement cuff.


I had to get a close-up of the print - the colours in there are beautiful and pastel but bright too. I am definitely going to try and get my hands on this for after Summer as I think it is a really lovely piece.

You can purchase this dress at Topshop for £59.00.

The Rise of Oversize



The first thing I thought of when I saw these oversized looks was Cos, a lovely brand who do really chic, plain and simple clothing - their motto being 'Timeless Modern Tactile Functional'. The working woman's easily wearable but chic option at quite a reasonable price. 

I went to a Cos store about a month ago and a lot of their cuts are very straight and their sizes and styles are quite oversized. 

I quite like this oversized look because it's so easy to wear. You could team this with tights and heels for work or with black leggings and pumps for a dressed down day. Black is such an easy and flattering colour to wear, but just be sure you don't go too oversized or you may loose yourself inside the clothes!!


This oversized wool dress is from Cos and is £69.00.



These patterns are really bold and make me think 70's....


....as does this Zara top and trousers combo. (I thought this was a playsuit, but you actually buy top and bottom half separate!) This initially looked purple to me on the site but when you zoom in you can see the pattern and the blues, whites and reds that give it such a great violet hue from far away.



This again is something else that could be dressed down or up with ballet flats or some courts and really reminded me of that 70's-esque page that caught my eye in Vogue.

You can pick up the shirt for £39.99 and the trousers for £35.99 both from Zara.


A/W Brights
It's so nice to see that bright colours are still on trend for A/W, who says that just because the weather changes we all have to dress drab??

The fuchsia and yellow in this photo really caught my eye, along with that bright red fur coat. The furs and the colours look great together, how I would love to walk around London on a drab, cloudy day in a fuchsia and black fur throw!


This canary yellow sleevless top from Reiss would look really great with a simple pair of black jeans and some nude pumps, add a jacket and your good to go for Autumn.



Just look at that orange! I love this colour, and would definitely wear this on a night out for dinner or drinks no matter what the season, I also think a fur would look great with this one as its a simple cut.

You can get the yellow sleeveless top from Reiss for £95.00 (the website says it is 'Lime', but that looks like a yellow to me!)

and you can find the orange shift dress at Topshop for £80.00.


The New Opulence

This is probably my favourite trend, really lavish and extravagant looking. I love anything gold and the gold detailing on that black coat below is just to die for.


This style really reminded me of current Louis Vuitton I have seen in around in magazines, particularly Vogue. The embellishments and velvets really make their clothing look luxe and their ad campaigns are always playful and chic.

Louis Vuitton A/W '12

Louis Vuitton A/W '12
I can imagine these outfits being in a chic, fashion forward remake-remake of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, no? :-)

Louis Vuitton A/W '12
The main thing that this Opulence trend reminds me of is the Givenchy x Watch the Throne collaboration. 

Interestingly, the actual album cover was designed by Givenchy's creative director Riccardo Tisci. The cover was designed to look 'embroidered' and 'embossed'. The deluxe edition was a metal casing with this design embossed into it. The cover shows a lot of symmetry in it's patterns and looks regal.

I love the gold, it just looks incredible and I'm yet to see an album cover like it. I think Tisci did a fantastic job on designing the shapes and the concept, and if you haven't yet heard the album I do really recommend it!

I think this album cover is extremely iconic and symbolises the generation it's from, definitely fitting for the Opulence trend.

The Album Artwork for 'Watch the Throne' by Jay Z and Kanye West (A.k.a 'The Throne')

The Inside Poster


Decorative Heels
And last but not least, these wacky, wacky heels! These multi-coloured, multi-patterened heels really remind me of Japanese fashion, they are so quirky and really unique. 

With embellishments and pattern, the trends I have spoken about show a lot of texture and complexity which I am a big fan of.


Just look at these tartan Loubs! With a plain, understated outfit these Louboutins would really give it some oomph and definitely turn heads.

Looking at these shoes makes me want to be a bit braver with my shoe choices, I have gone as far as glitter, but I think it may take a while for me to get used to the idea of wearing tartan on my feet, let alone my body!!

You can pick up these Bibi 140 tartan pumps from Net-a-Porter.com for £495.00.

-

So thats Vogue Bit #2, I do hope you enjoyed it! Please let me know what you thought and if you think I should do another post like this in the future!






2 comments:

  1. Hi :)

    I just discovered your Blog through essiebuttons Blog and I love it! It's so nice to see how much effort people put into Blogging - especially with this post. Very inspiring!

    I was confused when I saw that you only have a few followers! Why?

    xx

    hermionelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetest comment ever!! Thankyou :-)
    So glad you like the blog! I need more followers ASAP!!
    Spread the word and check out the giveaway, I followed you :-)
    X

    ReplyDelete