Tuesday 14 August 2012

Supermarket Beauty #2: Hair & Skincare

Left to Right: St.Ives Naturally Clear Apricot Scrub, L'Oreal Elvive Full Restore 5 Shampoo, Aussie, 3 Minute Miracle Reconstructor, Phil Smith Ageless Intensive Vitality Conditioner

This 'Supermarket Beauty' post is about just a few of my favourite bargain beauty buys that can be found in the supermarket, and I believe they all come in at under £5 each - bargain!!




The first product is probably my favourite of the lot and is St.Ives Apricot Scrub for oily/blemish prone skin. This scrub is fantastic not only that but the tube is mammoth and I have had this for months on end! I am only just nearing the end so this is brilliant value for money.

What I love about this scrub is that the exfoliants are crushed apricot stones, making the texture of the scrub really lovely and gritty but not harsh on the skin at all. I get a little of this on my finger and a tiny splash of warm water and work this all over my skin at least a few times a week or when my skin is congested. The gritty texture makes it a very effective scrub, I can't stand those rubbish ones with hardly any beads that feel like they are doing nothing! 

This scrub sloughs off all the dead skin, and helps clean up your nose if your prone to large pores and blackheads like you've never seen before! It does this with key ingredient Salicylic Acid which penetrates the pores and clears them out - extremely effective.

I really really cannot recommend this scrub enough, and I have repurchased this a few times in the past few years. This is a staple in my skin regime and I will be buying a back-up for this one soon!! Plus - it smells divine! If you want a smooth, radiant complexion then use this 3-4 times a week for a polished look.

This is often on offer in Superdrug so pick up a couple if you get a chance :-)




If you live in the UK, you probably remember those amusing adverts that Cheryl Cole did for L'Oreal where her accent was borderline inaudible - haha I'm so mean! But she was the ambassador for this range by L'Oreal and it's the Full Restore 5 range, claiming to target Strength, Vitality, Shine, Silkiness and Density to bring hair back to optimum strength and health after being damaged by over-processing.

I had the conditioner of this also and it was pretty good. I like this shampoo as it feels really nourishing on my hair and contains Keratin - a key ingredient for strength. The tubes of L'Oreal shampoo's and conditioners are mammoth also, so you get a lot for your money!





Now for my two favourite supermarket conditioners - this Aussie one is really, really amazing. I remember the first time I used it, it literally fixed my split ends and in a matter of 3 minutes? What? I couldn't believe the results as I wasn't expecting much considering this conditioner is under a fiver!

You leave it on for 3 minutes, however I usually leave it on much longer as a masque, and it reconstructs the hair shaft. It makes your hair feel so soft and silky and is a great one to use regularly to improve the overall conditioner of your hair. I use it every time I wash my hair and I can't be without it!
It's something I always have in the bathroom as the results are just great and for the price, you can't beat it.

It smells amazing and the texture is really nice too, it's got lots of lovely ingredients in it such as Aloe Vera and Australian Balm mint, and it leaves your hair smelling luscious afterwards. All Aussie products smell amazing!

This is another product that is on offer a lot in the supermarkets, particularly ASDA. So keep a look out and grab yourself a bargain!




 Now I know this conditioner says 'Age-less' but ignore that - this is a fabulous conditioner for strength. I always use this on my roots and my ends to really strengthen everything up as I am prone to extreme breakage in those areas of my hair. Another one I just picked up not expecting it to be great, but I went and repurchased it after loving what it did to my hair!

The scent is strong and perfume-y but I love it. The Keratin active really gives my hair it's strength back and I always notice a difference in the shine and condition after I use it. 

I haven't tried any other Phil Smith products but this conditioner makes me want to see what else they have to offer! 

This conditioner really does work, and I don't feel like it just coats my hair in nasties making it feel strong and soft when it actually isn't. I also use it as an intense treatment when I'm really in need of help, and leave it on for up to an hour while I'm doing other bits around the house. 

I really recommend this one, and don't be fooled by the name!


-


So those are a few of my Supermarket Beauty picks for this week, I hope you enjoyed it :-)

Enjoy the rest of the blog and check out my giveaway here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment