Saturday 11 August 2012

Review: NARS Blush in Amour

NARS Cosmetics Blush in 'Amour'



Amour, a beautiful blush by the amazing NARS Cosmetics. Every product I have from NARS I love, the quality is just like no other and this blush is no exception.


I would describe 'Amour' as a deep pink and leans slightly red on my skin tone. It looks matte in the packaging but has a slight sheen to it which can be see in the swatch with flash below.

I picked out this blush when I was at the NARS counter because I thought the colour would be perfect against my golden skin tone. I think women of colour find it hard to get a good blush shade that doesn't go ashy on the skin and actually gives a vibrant pop of colour. If you are searching for a gorgeous, deep pink blush that can be worn every day - this one is it!


 PIGMENTED is not even the word to describe this blush. One tiny, tiny tap with the brush and you are good to apply. The colour is so rich and vibrant, I nearly always have to buff it out with my Givenchy Pinceau Bronzer Brush. So lighter skinned girls, use a very light hand with this blush as it can be quite unsuspecting!

The guy at the counter even nodded and agreed with this blush choice for my skin when I picked it out and said I wanted it, having golden/tan skin I can get away with a slightly darker blush and this one is just right for me.

Swatch 1 - With flash
 The flash really over exaggerates the sheen, I would say this blush looks matte on the skin, so don't be put off if you don't like shiny blushes!

Swatch 2 - Without flash, natural lighting
This is a nice representation of the shade, excuse my clock I had to lay it down to get it out of the way for the picture! 

-

Out of 5:

Pigmentation: 5/5 - The colour pay off is amazing.
Texture: 5/5 - Really velvety and not chalky at all, makes application a dream.
Longevity: 3/5 - Lasts a good 5 hours on my combination skin.
Packaging: 5/5 - The gorgeous matte black NARS packaging, gets filthy easily but can be wiped off. It looks so chic! It's easy to open and close to and has a really great sized mirror inside.

Product: 5/5 - I love love love this blush!

You can pick up the NARS Blush in Amour from narscosmetics.co.uk for £21.00.

-

Hope you enjoyed the review! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, lovely colour suits you really well! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review!

    great blog too, definitely following :)

    from helen at www.thelovecatsinc.com // @thelovecatsinc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you!! :D I'm glad you like the bog!!
      Xx

      Delete